Welcome to North Stradbroke Island Surf School. Located at Point Lookout on beautiful North Stradbroke Is. The ocean surrounding Pt Lookout is crystal clear and home to a great number of Dolphins and Whales that are regularly seen during lessons. Water temperature doesn’t’t drop below 19C in mid winter and rises to a tropical 27C in summer.
All equipment is supplied including safe learn to surf boards, rash/sun vests and wetsuits if needed; Our staff has a wealth of experience in Surfing and some have been surf coaching on the island since 1987. All are accredited level 1 and level 2 coaches with Surfing Australia. We guarantee that you will have a fantastic experience whether it be learning to surf or elite coaching that you are after. So come and have a go, age is no limit (5 to 70 years). The best surfer in the water is the one who is enjoying themselves the most.
Please find below our top three frequently asked questions:
- What happens at my first lesson? – You will meet one of our staff at an agreed on location and time. We will then look at what you want to achieve and at what level you are at. We match you with a surf board, wet shirt and venue…. read more
- How long does the lesson go? – Lessons go for approximately 1.5 hours. We usually find that most people tend to peak at about the hour and are quite fatigued by the hour and half.
- What should I bring to the lesson? – Swimmers, towel, water bottle, sunscreen and a “have a go” attitude
Information on Beautiful Queensland and the Redlands:
- You’ll find comprehensive travel information here to help you prepare for a great holiday in Queensland
- Redlands and North Stradbroke Island Tourism
- More 2 Redlands – Explore the redlands area
- About Australia is an Australian travel guide including tours, accommodation, events, and Australian travel information